(Effective as of 20/12/2018)
As a provider of payment management services to hundreds of thousands of online businesses around the country, privacy and data protection are of the utmost importance to Merchant Chimp.
This Privacy Statement details Merchant Chimp’s policies with respect to the handling of personal information submitted to or otherwise collected by Merchant Chimp via Merchant Chimp’s websites, mobile applications, and in the course of providing its payment security, payment processing, and fraud management solutions and services. Merchant Chimp will use and disclose Personal Information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
Personal information that we collect:
Personal Information is the information which can be used to identify someone. We collect Personal Information any time our services are used. The Personal Information collected includes information given to us directly by individuals and information that is given to us by merchants or financial institutions. The collection of Personal Information described in this document is necessary for the use of our services. This information includes but isn’t limited to:
- Customer Name;
- Contact information such as their email addresses, phone numbers, and mailing addresses;
- Order and payment information;
- Other information we collect includes:
- IP addresses and information about the devices used to access our services;
- Which services are used and how they are used;
- Merchant and account information, including account information we might gather from third party sources;
- Information provided to us through social media or when you contact us via our website;
We also collect other information about you which does not identify you like enrollment numbers or demographic group information which does not give away your identity. We might use or share any other information with third parties for any lawful purpose.
To find out more about cookies, including instructions on how to block or restrict cookies, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Remember, though, without cookies, users might not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the website.
We might also use locally stored objects for the purpose of security and fraud detecting purposes. Flash cookies aren’t managed through web browser settings. Please visit Adobe’s Flash Player Help website to find out how to manage Flash cookies.
How we use your personal information
The usage and disclosure of Personal Information vary based on a party’s relationship with Merchant Chimp. Merchant Chimp primarily uses this information to provide our services and related features and to:
- Facilitate the processing of financial transactions;
- Respond to inquiries and requests;
- Send administrative information, like changes to our terms policies, and conditions;
- Provide support services;
- Administer promotions or contests;
- Facilitate social sharing;
- Analyze and monitor the use of our services and to make improvements to them;
- Help secure our services, prevent fraud, and enforce our policies
- Help personalize the services;
- Communicate about other Merchant Chimp services or those of our affiliates or other third parties;
- To get in touch, directly or through a third party, to complete a questionnaire or survey;
- To communicate, directly or via a third party, about Merchant Chimp offerings, about company news and industry trends, and to answer responses to a questionnaire or survey;
- Compile information that will be used on an aggregated and de-identified basis;
- Conduct data research and analysis, develop new products, identifying usage trends, audits, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, as well as operating and expanding our business activities;
Perform other activities with consent.
How we will share personal information
We will only share Personal Information in the ways described in this policy. Specifically, we might share Personal Information:
- As necessary to perform our services and to complete payment transactions;
- With companies that help us to run our business by providing services such as fraud screening, data analysis, website hosting, information technology, and related infrastructure provision, email delivery, customer service, auditing, and other similar services;
- With third parties that have contracted with Merchant Chimp to perform specific functions on our behalf;
- With third parties sponsors of contests or promotions where consent has been given;
- To comply with the law or other legal obligations like responding to subpoenas, or other requests from government and public agencies, including laws and other legal obligations outside a party’s country;
- To protect our rights, property or operations, or that of our customers;
To investigate, take action or prevent potential or suspected fraud, illegal activities, threats to the personal safety of any individual, or violations of our service’s terms and conditions;
With other companies which control, are controlled by, or are under common control of Merchant Chimp that supports the provision of services or relationship with a party. This includes all of its subsidiaries, as well as parent companies.
With a buyer of all or a unit of Merchant Chimp, a merger, acquisition, or internal reorganization of Merchant Chimp or a unit of Merchant Chimp.
Please note that other visitors to the site might see any information posted to public areas such as our social media pages.
Users can choose not to provide us with their Personal Information when they use our websites or mobile applications. However, if the information request isn’t identified as optional and a user chooses not to provide the required Personal information, then the user might not be able to use the features of the website or mobile application.
Users can decide to opt out of receiving promotional emails from Merchant Chimp by following the unsubscribe link in those email messages. Users can also opt out of receiving SMS text messages from Merchant Chimp by replying to any of the messages with STOP.
Users can configure their browsers to reject cookies or to notify them when a cookie is set. However, if you reject cookies, our services might not operate properly.
Accessing or editing the collected personal information
Merchant Chimp might be contacted via the email address given at the bottom of this policy to request access to your Personal Information or that we update, or correct any Personal Information collected by the services. Please note, that consistent with local law, Merchant Chimp might retain Personal Information for auditing purposes, to troubleshoot problems, enforce our policies, assist with investigations or comply with any legal requirements. Please note that we aren’t responsible for permitting the review, or deleting or updating Personal Information that has been provided to a third party, including any mobile applications, social media platforms, or wireless service providers.
Third parties and linked services
Merchant Chimp isn’t responsible for the collection, use, and disclosure policies and practices, including information security practices, or other organizations. This includes any Personal Information disclosed to other companies or organizations through or in connection with our services.
The inclusion of a link on the Merchant Chimp website does not mean that we endorse the linked site or service.
The retention period
We will retain Personal Information for a period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy unless a more extended retention period is needed or permitted by applicable law or regulation.
Use of our services by minors
Our services are not directed to individuals under the age of (13) thirteen, and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through our services.
Personal Information might be processed and stored by Merchant Chimp or its affiliates, service providers or agents located in the United States and other countries. By providing Personal Information directly to Merchant Chimp or its clients, you consent to the transfer of this information outside of the European Union and its storage and use as described herein.
How to contact Merchant Chimp regarding your privacy concerns and questions
If you want to ask questions or comment about our privacy practices, or if you want Merchant Chimp to correct the Personal Information that is stored on Merchant Chimp systems, please submit your request to:
E-mail: [email protected]
Subject to our ability to verify your request, Merchant Chimp will correct the information within (30) thirty days upon receiving your request.